School effectiveness is inseparable from school distinctiveness.
High levels of engagement, strong progress for all and aspirational attainment are the outworkings of deeply embedded and sustained values and virtues.
We have nine officers who have teaching or school leadership experience and who provide support for the distincitve effectiveness of Church schools and academies.
- Cath Lassey - primary teacher; primary headteacher, NLE
- Fiona Beevers - first, primary and middle teacher; English, Science, history, geography, RE, collective worship, primary headteacher
- Gill Johnson - secondary teacher; KS4 and Sixth Form Vocational Ed, Head of Upper School, Head of Department RE
- Ian Thompson-Smith - primary teacher; primary headteacher
- Richard Noake - secondary teacher RE, Head of RE, lecturer in higher education, Head of Department for Theology and Religious Studies, ITT.
- Simone Bennett - secondary teacher; primary teacher; primary headteacher
- Janet Tringham
- Simon Sloan
- Diane Norton
School Advisers: Senior Leadership and Associate Advisers
The School Advisers: Senior Leaders and Associate Advisers of the Education Team hold a specific brief to work in close partnership with school and academy senior leaders supporting them in areas of whole school improvement, self-evaluation and performance outcomes.
Simone Bennett (Deputy Director: School Effectiveness) works closely with this group of advisers and is responsible for their deployment across the diocese.
School Effectiveness: Senior Leaders
- Cath Lassey
The Associate Adviser Programme brings current substantive headteachers into the Education Team. These collegeagues bring their own expertise and expereince but also ensure that the most current day to day challenges, complexities and opportunities of school leadership constantly inform the planning of services and support for school effectiveness.
Associate Advisers for 2017-18 are
- Ian Thompson-Smith - Otley All Saints CE VC Primary
Opportunities to apply for the role of Associate Adviser are circulated to schools throughout each academic year.