Throughout the Gospels we see Jesus going off to pray alone, and we are invited to do similar. Praying alone deepens our relationship with God. It gives us the chance to ask God for the things that we want to see happen in our lives, and the lives of those we love in our church, country and the world. There are lots of ways in which we can do just that.
Below are a few resources that might help:
- Church of England Daily Prayer: you can load this online, or you can download an app for your phone or tablet. Join us in a service of Daily Prayer | The Church of England
- Daily Prayer app and podcast | The Church of England
- Time to Pray- is another Church of England resource that offers slightly shorter reflections. Time To Pray app and podcast | The Church of England
- Lectio 365 is another popular app that helps to guide us in praying regularly during the day. Lectio 365 - 24-7 Prayer International
- Each year in the run up to Pentecost the Church of England runs an initiative called Thy Kingdom Come. One of the invitations of Thy Kingdom Come is to pray for five people you know to come to a living faith in Jesus. You can find out more here. | Thy Kingdom Come
- The Diocesan Prayer Diaries can be found here: Prayer Diaries
- The Diocesan Prayer and Spirituality Prayer Team Toolkit can be found here: Toolkit
For more information head to the Prayer and Spirituality Team pages here.