A Spiritual Director or Companion is someone who journeys with another person encouraging and resourcing them in their spiritual life. The role of a Spiritual Director is not about 'directing'. It is listening, discerning and helping to devlop new insight.
All licensed clergy in the diocese, spiritual directors and Area Prayer and Spirituality Team co-ordinators can download the list of Spiritual Directors here. Please note that this is a password protected document. If you do not have the current password and fall under one of the previously mentioned categories, please contact email@example.com to request the password.
Anyone who does not fall under these categories and is interested in having a Spiritual Director, please contact the relevant Area Prayer and Spirituality Team co-ordinator (contact details can be found here).
In the diocese we maintain the ministry of Spiritual Direction by:
- Keeping a list of ecumenical Spiritual Directors in the diocese
- Helping those looking for a Spiritual Director
- Offering guidance on safe practice for those seeking Spiritual Direction
- Maintaining a support system and regular consultations for Spiritual Directors.
- Training courses for people to explore the ministry of Spiritual Direction.
Click here to download a leaflet with more information on Spiritual Direction.
Click here to download Guidelines for Spiritual Direction.
The Retreat Association has useful information about Spiritual Direction and choosing a Spiritual Guide. You can also access the National Forum for Spiritual Direction UK.