This section is designed to support our parishes through sharing examples of the policies deployed in the safe and effective running of our churches and support of our local communities.
Some of these policies are essential, whilst others are good practice or optional.
The policies and templates included here are not an exhaustive set of policies & templates and we would welcome any additional policies and templates which you have developed for your church to share with others here. Please send these to email@example.com.
Safety and Buildings
Risk Assessment Policy & Template
Health & Safety
- Health and Safety Policy
- Church Health and Safety Policy Template
- Fire Safety Policy
- Ladders Policy
- Church Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- Church Hall Emergency Evacuation Procedure
Buildings and Contents
- Fabric & Register Checklist
- Inventories & Terriers and Church Logbooks
- Maintenance Toolkit for Deaneries
- Hall Lettings Policy
- Notice Boards Policy
Find out more about safeguarding policies and processes on the Diocesan Safeguarding Team's pages here, or get in touch with the Safeguarding Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data and Information
- Diocese of Leeds GDPR guidance
- Caring for Parish Records
- Keep or Bin, The Care of your Parish Records
- Wi-Fi Policy
Finance and Stewardship
- Volunteer Policy
- Taking on Volunteers checklist
- Managing volunteers - Church of England
- Volunteering Resources - Church Urban Fund
Working with Children & Young People
- Sunday School/Event Consent Form
- Adult:Child Ratio Guidelines
- Photo and Recording Consent Forms
- For more information, see www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding/policy-practice-guidance/templates-and-resources and Safer Environment and Activities.